This article gives answers to the question why I need an app for my business, mobile apps are not just for the big names or brands, many small and medium size business already understand that an effective mobile strategy requires more than just a website. Having a dedicated app keeps you ahead of the game when it comes to taking marketing to the next level.
Some various pointers that makes you certain you need an app...
• Visibility to customers
• Direct marketing channel
• A source of valuable analytic
• Value provision for customers
• Brand and recognition building
• Keeps customers engaged
• Competitive advantage
• Improves customer loyalty
1. Visibility to customer
Everyone spends number of hours on their smart mobile devices which usually have an array of applications, which can also include your business app hence making you visible and accessible at all times.
2. Direct marketing channel
The function of an app ranges from providing information, price of items or services rendered, booking form, search features, user accounts, messengers, news feeds, etc. a major benefit of having an app is it makes information easily accessible by customer. Through features like push notification, you are getting even closer to direct interaction with customers.
3. A source of valuable analytics
By utilizing a mobile app, you can collect a lot of useful information for further analysis. For instance, you can learn which products your customers buy the most. As well as, how much time they spend on the app. Or even, which functions are the most used and which are the least popular? By tracking the way people interact with your app, you can understand how you can improve it to provide them with a better user experience. Understanding your customers is the key to success in any business niche..
4. Value provision for customers
Mobile app can be designed in such a way that customers are able to receive their rewards through it which results in more download and returning customers.
5. Brand and recognition building
A mobile app for your business can greatly contribute to your brand awareness. I’d like to break this topic down into two aspects, the combination of which will make your app a true winner:
• Brand. A mobile app is like a blank billboard sign. You can do what you want with it; you can make it stylish, hip, functional, shocking, or informative. But what you really want to do is create an app that has features your customers will love, while at the same time is well branded and beautifully designed.
• Recognition. The more often you can get customers involved with your app, the sooner they will be inclined to buy your product and/or service. In advertising this is called the “effective frequency” as a rule of thumb, hearing and/or seeing your brand approximately 20 times is what will get you truly noticed.
6. Improve Customer Engagement
The service you render or goods you sell will always require that a platform is made available for customers to reach you, having a messaging (or help desk) feature within your app can really make a difference in the way you communicate with your customers.
7. Competitive advantage
Many small business hasve not taken full advantage of developing a mobile app for their business, u having the right information and acting on it gives you an edge. Not all companies take full advantage of the potential of their own sites, let alone their mobile apps. Some companies do not even have them, because for some reason they consider them unnecessary. In today’s highly competitive world, it is necessary to take as many opportunities as you can to educate about the brand and increase its recognition.
8. Improves customers loyalty
It allows you have an impact on customers, It’s time to go back to making a true and sincere connection with your customers, and making them a loyal lover of your product and/or service. I am not saying a mobile app is going to save your business, but it can be a way of staying closer to your customers, and being just a “fingertip” away at all times.
With the information made available to you about all the benefits you can enjoy owning a mobile app, the step required now if you are convinced are:
• hire an app development agency, or bring your own in-house app development team on board (You can contact our team to help you with a strategy as well as helping you to build an app).
Either way you go, a mobile app is going to be a standard component of any business in the future. The choice you make today is going to set the foundation for the future of your business. It’s on you to decide whether you’d like to be one of the first.
Tech Intern @
Wole Olugbemiro Consulting
If you will like to incorporate technology into your business process or need any technology services from us you can request a quote here.